This post is also available in: Italian
The first version of the native View for iPad (both iPad and iPad2 models) was released on March 2011. It was the first (and as I know the only) that introduce the PCoIP support, because other existing solution, like the Wyse client (PocketCloud), were only compatible with RDP.
Some days ago a new version 1.2 has been released on iTunes… with several improvements:
- Optimized for VMware View 5 with improved performance (but note that also previous versions work with View 5)
- Support for iOS 5 including AirPlay
- Presentation Mode for use with external display and AirPlay
- Embedded RSA soft token simplifies login to desktop
- Background tasking to move between Windows and iOS apps
- Updated look and feel (now seems really better)
Requirements: Requires iPad iOS 4.2 or later.