This post is also available in: Italian
VMware has released the vSphere 5.0 U1 binaries that include the ESXi 5.0 Update 1 e vCenter Center (with his modules) 5.0 Update 1 (build 639890).
Detailed information regarding resolved and known issues in the ESXi update can be found in the KB 2010823. For more infor about the update package, the compatibilty and the enhancements see the ESXi 5.0 Update 1 Release Notes.
For more info about the vCenter update see vCenter Server 5.0 Update 1 Release Notes.
The following information describes some of the enhancements available in this release of VMware ESXi:
- Support for new processors – ESXi 5.0 Update 1 supports new AMD and Intel Processors. See the VMware Compatibility Guide for details.
- Support for additional guest operating systems – ESXi 5.0 Update 1 adds support for Mac OS X Server Lion 10.7.2 and 10.7.3.
- New or upgraded device drivers – ESXi 5.0 Update 1 adds support for Native Storage Drivers for Intel C600 series chipset and upgrades LSI MegaRAID SAS driver to version 5.34.
Alsto note that VAAI Thin Provisioning Block Reclaim/UNMAP is back in 5.0U1.
The VMware vCenter Server for Windows 5.0 Update 1 offers the following improvements:
- Guest Operating System Customization Improvements: vCenter Server adds support for customization of the following guest operating systems:
- Windows 8
- Ubuntu 11.10
- Ubuntu 11.04
- Ubuntu 10.10
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP2