This post is also available in: Italian
The VCAP-DTD exam is quite similar, in the format, as the VCAP-DCD one, with lot of questions (115 questions!), composed by multiple choice, drag and drop, scenario questions, along with some “visio” style design questions.
The total time for this exam is 195 minutes (with the usual 30 min. extension for non native English Countries) that seems much, but could be not enough considering that some questions (scenarios based and “visio”) will take a lot of time!
As usuall the first information point is the certification page that include a PDF with the program overview (almost the same information from the web site) and the Exam Blueprint actually in v3.0 (26 March 2013). You can find also an example of the “visio” part in the Practice Exam & UI Demo; unfortunately there isn’t (yet) a Mock Exam.
Also you can use the official documentation (it’s not declared the version of product, but all links are actually in version 5.1), but I suggest to download also several whitepapers available from the VMware site.
The following VMware courses are recommended to help you prepare for the VCAP-DTD exam, but are not required:
Although courses can help, some experience and review in View designs could be more useful for this certification. And there are also several interesting video resources:
- VMware® Horizon™ View Bootcamp
- What’s New with Horizon View 5.2 user experience (part 1)
- What’s New with Horizon View 5.2 ease of management and cost of ownership (part 2)
- What’s New with Horizon View 5.2 Demonstration
- Horizon View 5.2 Mac Client Update
- Horizon View 5.2 Mac Client Update Demonstration
- Horizon View 5.2 HTML Blast Client
- Horizon View 5.2 HTML Blast Client Demonstration
- Optimizing PCoIP GPO Settings
- Optimizing PCoIP GPO Settings Demonstration
- VCAP5-DTD resources
- Objective 1.1 and Objective 2.1
- VMware VCAP5-DTD exam experience