This post is also available in: Italian
- CloudOpsSIG: Automated Development & Test in Private Cloud: Making it Work in Your World | Thursday, July 25, 2013
- CloudOps Survey Findings: A Live Google Hangout Panel Discussion | Tuesday, July 30, 2013
- VMworld US 2013: Tuesday, August 27
For more info about the VMUG SIG see also this post.
Thursday, July 25, 2013 – 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. CDT (GMT -6:00)
Hear from VMware IT leaders on how they made the changes into the roles, process, organization structure, governance and business model to make their move of dev and test to a private cloud IaaS a success. You’ll hear from the people who were ‘hands-on’ in implementing the technology and transforming the organization; they achieved the cost savings and operational efficiencies that we all aspire to.
This webcast is aimed at practitioners working to improve their IT organizations. As an added bonus, we’ll cover the highlights of this story as it will be presented at VMworld 2013 – a sneak peek to one of the event’s biggest sessions!
- Venkat Gopalakrishnan: Director, Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) and IT Transformation Initiatives, VMware
- Kurt Milne: Director, CloudOps Program, VMware
More info on the blog site.
Google Hangout – CloudOps Survey Findings: A Live Google Hangout Panel Discussion
Tuesday, July 30, 2013 – 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. CDT
Over 400 practitioners were asked in a major survey, how they transformed IT operations as they moved to cloud computing. In this Google Hangout, our expert panelists will debate the pros and cons of the different paths that organizations traveled to Operations transformation. They’ll contrast the different use cases practitioners focused on and discuss how users’ views on IT Operations transformation changed as they transformed their groups. Most importantly, we’ll share the ROI they achieved from their changes. Watch as panelists discuss the findings from this international, 3rd party in-depth survey
- Mariano Maluf, Cloud Ecosystem Architecture Lead – Global IT, The Coca-Cola Company, VMUG Board President
- John Dixon: Consulting Architect, LogicsOne
- Chris Seline, Director IT, Dolby Labs
- Andrea Mauro, IT Consultant
- Edward Newman, Cloud Services, EMC Global Professional Services
- Bill Reid, Senior Director, Platform Strategy and Engineering, EMC
- Kurt Milne, Director CloudOps Programs, VMware
VMworld US – SIG Lunch
VMUG will be hosting a SIG Lunch on Tuesday, August 27. If you are interested in Cloud Operations, or part of the Healthcare, Higher Education or Public Sector Industries, join us to learn more about our Special Interest Group communities. Spend time with the SIG leaders and VMware contacts to discuss the latest trends, pain points and upcoming announcements. To attend this lunch, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.