This post is also available in: Italian
- SNW Europe (tenth year) is the largest fully-independent conference where IT managers and professionals can attend SNIA-endorsed education tracks, get hands-on access to a wide range of technologies, and mix with industry peers.
- Virtualization World (fifth year) that takes a focused look at the continuing development of IT virtualization standards and solutions and the key role they play in delivering Cloud computing services.
- Datacenter Technologies (fifth year) that brings a focused conference program and exhibition to the heart of the European market that addresses the technology standards and solutions that are vital to the development and deployment of an effective 21st century data center strategy.
Past year was my first experience at this event, both as an attendee and as a speaker, and I have to admit that is really a great event, well organized and with lot of opportunities to meet people and companies. I’ve write several reports after this event.
Has become not only a (really good) storage vendor event, but a global event covering also virtualization, networking, security and all what you need to build your datacenter (or your cloud based solution). Compared to other similar events, it seems more oriented to educate and share experience or analysts results, rather than push on specific products or technologies.
This year will also the 10th Anniversary with a celebration scheduled on 29th October. Another reason to don’t miss this event!
And there are also other news in 2013 edition:
- Spotlight Sessions: introduced last year, the Spotlight Sessions will take an even greater role in 2013 and will address 5 main themes: Big Data, Data Security, IT Management, Data Center Technologies, Application Delivery.
A detailed overview of Spotlight Sessions can be seen here.
- Hot Topics: one of the reasons that many delegates attend the ‘Powering the Cloud’ events is to keep up to date with all the latest trends and product innovations. The Hot Topics section this year addressing the 5 most talked about themes: Solid State, Open Source, The Cloud, Software Defined ‘X’, Emerging Technologies.
- Case Studies: there will be many case studies exemplifying how Europe’s IT professionals have implemented amazing solutions often against tight financial controls and under extreme time constraints.
- Debates: in response to previous year’s feedback we will be enhancing delegates’ opportunity to question our speakers on the subjects they will be covering in the Spotlight Sessions.
And there will be an event in the event: Cloud Camp Frankfurt.
CloudCamp Frankfurt will take place on 29th October between 16:00 and 20:00. CloudCamp is an unconference where early adopters of Cloud Computing technologies exchange ideas. With the rapid change occurring in the industry, we need a place we can meet to share our experiences, challenges and solutions. At CloudCamp, you are encouraged you to share your thoughts in several open discussions, as we strive for the advancement of Cloud Computing. End users, IT professionals and vendors are all encouraged to participate. Click here to register for CloudCamp
- Reuven Cohen, Chief Cloud Advocate Citrix, Co-Founder CloudCamp (@ruv)
- Chris Boos, CEO arago AG (@boosc)
- René Buest, Analyst New Age Disruption, Analyst GigaOM Research (@renebuest)
- Mark Masterson, Troublemaker CSC Financial Services EMEA (@mastermark)
- Hendrik Andreas Reese, TÜV Rheinland i-sec GmbH
- Moderation: Roland Judas, Technical Evangelist arago AG (@rolandjudas)