This post is also available in: Italian
VMware has announced on its blog that Applications for the 2014 vExpert program are now open for the submission and selection of new candidates (or confirming existing candidates).
The VMware vExpert Award is given to individuals who have significantly contributed to the community of VMware users over the past year. vExperts are book authors, bloggers, VMUG leaders, tool builders, and other IT professionals who share their knowledge and passion with others. These vExperts have gone above and beyond their day jobs to share their technical expertise and communicate the value of VMware and virtualization to their colleagues and community.
You can notice that it isn’t a new type of certification but a award (quite similar to Microsoft MPV).
- Evangelist Path: The Evangelist Path includes book authors, bloggers, tool builders, public speakers, and other IT professionals who share their knowledge and passion with others with the leverage of a personal public platform to reach many people. Employees of VMware can also apply via the Evangelist pathway.
- Customer Path: The Customer Path is for internal evangelists and community leaders from VMware customer organizations. They have contributed to success stories, customer references, or public interviews and talks, or were active community contributors, such as VMUG leaders.
- VPN (VMware Partner Network) Path: The VPN Path is for employees of our partner companies who lead with passion and by example, who are committed to continuous learning and to making their technical knowledge and expertise available to many. This can take shape of event participation, video, IP generation, as well as public speaking engagements.
But there are some changes this year:
- The first change is fast track current vExperts into the 2014 program. If you are a current 2013 vExpert, your 2014 application process has been shortened. Since you are a proven vExpert all we want to know is what you have been doing since the May 2013 vExpert announcement. Simple, right?
- The second change is quarterly nominations into the 2014 vExpert program. We will leave the application open year round and at the end of each quarter we will begin the voting process for new vExperts from the previous quarter. So even if you are not picked to become a vExpert 2014 right away, we will allow for quarterly voting and nominations.
- Current 2013 vExperts use the 2014 vExpert Fast Track application: http://bit.ly/1ikZ8hi
- 2014 vExpert application: http://bit.ly/LMJqB5
- Recommend someone apply to become a 2014 vExpert: http://bit.ly/1bobFfF
- Applications will be accepted up until March 6th at midnight PST. Applications received after the March 6th deadline will roll into the Q2 nomination & voting process.