This post is also available in: Italian
A VMUG User Conference is not your regular VMUG meeting, it’s a full blown conference, with separate tracks and prominent guest speakers. A good opportunity to learn more, share experiences, and make networking.
And note that some sessions (we are trying to build an entire track) will also be in English, so this is not only for Italian people, but for all VMUG members!
- When: Wed May 7th 2014 from 8:30 to 17:30
- Where: Centro Congressi MiCo (Milano) – where it is
- How: registration form
- What: agenda
The location is called Centro Congressi MiCo and it’s part of a bigger area called MilanoFiera City. Note that there are several different entrances, the one that will be used is Gate 15 in via Gattamelata (there will be some signs, but just take note of the correct address).
MiCo has an internal parking area, but there is no pre-reservation of car places for this event, so you have to contact the Centro Congressi MiCo directly.
The simples way to reach the event is using public transportations.
The closest underground station is called Lotto on the red line M1 with Rho-Fiera direction (here a complete map of the Milan underground). When you go out from the station, just follow the sign for Fieramilanocity.
It will take around 15 min by walk and this is the path:
You can also use tram 1 or 19 (tram stop is Sempione-Arona) or (if you arrive by train from Varese) the train station Milano Nord Domodossola.
Like in the past event there will be several and important guest speakers. Those are from the general sessions:
- Joe Baguley, VMware Chief Technology Officer EMEA (from 2011).
- Martin Casado, VMWare CTO for the Networking and Security Business Unit and founder of Nicira (where NSX came from).
- Duncan Epping, Principal Architect at VMware (R&D, Integration Engineering). Also this year we have the please to have “Mr. Yellow Bricks”.
- Massimo Re Ferrè, Cloud Architect – vCloud Hybrid Service at VMware.
But also during the parallel sessions there will be a lot of interesting sessions and also some well know name, like:
- Frank Denneman, Technology Evangelist at PernixData with the session “A New Era of Server Side Storage”.
- Mike Laverik, Senior Cloud Infrastructure Evangelist at VMware with a session about the communities.
- Luca Dell’Oca, Veeam EMEA evangelist.