Some months after the announce of the version 4 of their product, NAKIVO Inc. has released the new NAKIVO Backup & Replication v5.
This product is going to fill the features gap with other products introducing the Flash VM Boot feature that provides the ability to run VMware VMs directly from compressed and deduplicated VM backups, without recovering the entire VMs first. The backup from which the VM is started remains unchanged to preserve the integrity of the data.
The Flash VM Boot feature works out-of-the-box for both Windows-based and Linux-based VMs and provides customers with a rich set of opportunities, enabling them to:
- Permanently recover VMs booted from backups
- Access files and application objects of any application on any OS within seconds
- Test system updates and application patches before applying them to production VMs
- Verify the VM backups and ensure that OS and applications run properly
- Copy VMDK files and then delete the virtual machine.
Other core features remaing from the previous versions, included also some unique capabilites like the 100% web based management, the Windows and Linux platform support, …
For more information see also:
- Overview: www.nakivo.com/VMware-VM-backup-replication-recovery-software.htm
- Datasheet: www.nakivo.com/Resources/NBR-DS.pdf
- Cloud Backup: www.nakivo.com/vmware-cloud-backup-as-a-service.htm
- Success Stories: www.nakivo.com/success-stories.htm
- Trial Download: http://www.nakivo.com/en/VMware-Backup-Free-Trial.htm