Spanning CloudApps is a company, recently aquired by EMC, leading provider of cloud data protection for cloud SaaS appliacation like Google Apps and Saleforce. Was also one of the company that I’ve meet during the IT Press Tour 14 (for more information see also this post).
Now they announced the first enterprise-grade cloud-to-cloud backup solution for Office 365. It’s designed from the ground up to be fully functional on desktops, tablets and mobile devices, allowing users to access information whenever and wherever they work. This marks the latest expansion of Spanning’s product offering, through which the company will bring the same application-centric focus and backup and restore expertise to Office 365 that it has for Google Apps and Salesforce solutions.
Spanning Backup for Office 365 enables IT administrators and end users to quickly and easily find and restore lost data from any point in time, from any device. Spanning Backup for Office 365 will deliver industry-leading features including:
- Automated daily and on-demand backups of Mail, Calendar, and Contacts keep a copy
- of the application data and files in a private, secure cloud. Simply set it and forget it.
- Point-in-time backups let administrators and end users search, view and directly restore any previous version of the data;
- Cross-user data restore makes it easy to restore data from one Office 365 account into another’s to facilitate the employee onboarding and offboarding process or other staff changes;
- Industry-leading security employs multiple layers of operational and physical security to ensure the integrity and safety of data, including strong 256-bit encryption, SSAE 16 compliance, intrusion detection and compartmentalized access; and,
- One price for unlimited storage protects all data for a single rate, per user, per year, no matter how much data is stored.
The product will be first available through an exclusive beta program and generally available in the first half of 2015.