This post is also available in: Italian
Each big vendor has some kind of “community award” for individuals who have significantly contributed to the community of the specific vendor’s users over the past year.
Those kind of “technologies experts” could be book authors, bloggers (in most cases), leaders in some communities, tool builders, and other IT professionals who share their knowledge and passion with others. These people have gone above and beyond their day jobs to share their technical expertise and communicate the value of the specific vendor’s technologies to their colleagues and to the community.
Each award (that is not a certification, does not demonstrate the technical level, but mainly the passion and the community support), is annually.
Usually most of the submissions are annual (Microsoft MVP is quaternary, VMware vExpert with each six months, but there are just few exceptions) and most of them are already open for the 2016:
- VMware vExpert is VMware’s global evangelism and advocacy program started on 2009.
vExpert applications for the 2016 (first semestral submission) has been opened on November 2015 and will close on December 18th at midnight. The announcement is scheduled for February 15th.
- Microsoft MVP (Most Value Professional) award is given to “exceptional, independent community leaders who share their passion, technical expertise, and real-world knowledge of Microsoft products with others”. Is one of oldest award program.
As written, nomitation is quaternary (and announces are on the 1st of Jan, Apr, Jul and Oct).
- Nutanix Technology Champion (NTC) is the Nutanix award and this will be the second year, after the announce on December 24th.
Nomination are open from October 2nd to October 26th (and the announce of new NTC will be on November 16, 2015).
- EMC Elect is a community-driven recognition and a way from EMC to thanks for individual’s engagement with EMC as a brand over the last calendar year – Official 2015 list.
The application for 2016 has been opened on November 2015. Nominations are open from November 1st – 30th.
- Cisco Champions is intended to create and nurture a network of people who are passionate about Cisco and enjoy sharing their knowledge, expertise, and thoughts across the social web and with Cisco (the program has been announced in later 2014).
The application for 2016 is already open. Nominations will be held from October 15th to November 15th.
- Citrix Technology Professional (CTP) Program provides an opportunity for participants to gain deeper insight into Citrix strategies and technologies, including advance knowledge of planned projects. Awardees engage with Citrix leaders to help shape the future of cloud computing technologies that enable mobile workstyles, providing valuable input on business needs and feedback on product strategy. Like the MVP is one of the oldest program.
Application deadline is on Friday, October 30, 2015.
- Pernix Pro, started in November 2013, is the elite community of IT professionals committed to advancing Flash Hypervisor technology).
Application is always open must be renewed each year.
- Veeam Vanguard represents Veeam brand (introduced on 2015) to the highest level in many of the different technology communities in which we engage. The selected individuals are chosen for their acumen, engagement and style in their activities on and offline.
Compared to other programs, for now, there isn’t a submission form, the selection actually is done directly by Veeam people.
- Dell TechCenter Rockstars (seems that this program is death, considering that there isn’t neither the 2015). Now with the recent announce, will be interesting see what’s happen to this award and also to the EMC Elect one.
See also: Community awards for 2015.