The IT Press tour (ITPT) is a six-day event taking place this week in San Francisco that seeks to introduce the EMEA media to tech firms doing some interesting things in Silicon Valley. Like in the past year (with the 14th edition), on December I will take part at the next edition (the 17th) that will take place in San Francisco and the Silicon Valley (during Nov 30-Dec 4, 2015).
Since the 1st tour edition, the IT Press Tour have met 121 companies for 179 sessions, some companies did multiple editions and adopted the IT Press Tour as a key marketing communication medium once a year.
This tour will be exceptional by its content, very storage and network oriented, with 10 new companies among the 12. In the past only 2 of them was already met by an ITPT edition (Tegile and Primary Data) and it was at least 1 year ago.
Also for me most of them are totally new!
The final list of companies by alpha order is:
- Cohesity, interesting solution for secondary storage (see my previous post)
- FlashGrid, an open storage software for Oracle RAC and ASM cluster
- LiveAction, with an application performance in the Cloud solution
- Mangstor,with several NVMe Flash Storage solutions
- OpenIO,object storage grid for apps
- Outpace.io, new generation of Ethernet storage
- Primary Data,a really cool solution for data “virtualization” (see my previous post)
- Rozo Systems, a Software Defined Scale Out NAS
- Rubrik, a new approach to backup (see my previous post)
- Springpath, an hyperconvergence software solution
- Tegile, a flash storage solution
- Xirrus, a Wi-Fi solution
Will be really interesting meet all those companies and will be a proficient week. To follow the tour on Twitter you can use the #ITPT hashtag:
Disclaimer: I’ve been invited to this event by Condor Consulting Group and they will paid for accommodation and travels, but I’m not compensated for my time and I’m not obliged to blog. Furthermore, the content is not reviewed, approved or published by any other person than me.