Each big vendor has some kind of “community award” for individuals who have significantly contributed to the community of the specific vendor’s users over the past year.
Those kind of “technologies experts” could be book authors, bloggers (in most cases), leaders in some communities, tool builders, and other IT professionals who share their knowledge and passion with others. These people have gone above and beyond their day jobs to share their technical expertise and communicate the value of the specific vendor’s technologies to their colleagues and to the community.
Each award, that is not a certification, does not demonstrate the technical level, but mainly the passion and the community support, is usually annually.
Usually most of the submissions are annual (Microsoft MVP is quaternary, VMware vExpert with each six months, but there are just few exceptions) and most of them are already open for the 2016:
- VMware vExpert is VMware’s global evangelism and advocacy program started on 2009.
vExpert applications for the 2017 (first semestral submission) is open and applications will be accepted until December 16th at midnight PDT. The announcement of confirmed and new vExpert usually is scheduled on February.For the new vExpert NSX and vExpert VSAN programs, the applications for 2017 will open around February.
- Microsoft MVP (Most Value Professional) award is given to “exceptional, independent community leaders who share their passion, technical expertise, and real-world knowledge of Microsoft products with others”. Is one of oldest award program.
As written, nomitation is quaternary (and announces are on the 1st of Jan, Apr, Jul and Oct).
- Nutanix Technology Champion (NTC) is the Nutanix award and this will be the thirth year, after the announce on December 24th.
Nomination are open from October 11 until November 7 (and the announce of new NTC will be on December 2016).
- (Dell)EMC Elect is a community-driven recognition and a way from EMC to thanks for individual’s engagement with EMC as a brand over the last calendar year. Now should be interesting see what’s will happen with the new Dell-EMC.
The application for 2017 is not yet open. Past year nominations are open from November 1st – 30th.
- Cisco Champions is intended to create and nurture a network of people who are passionate about Cisco and enjoy sharing their knowledge, expertise, and thoughts across the social web and with Cisco (the program has been announced in later 2014).
The application for 2017 was open on 11/2016. Complete and submit the application form below by December 15th, 2016. Notification will be on January 31st, 2017.
- Citrix Technology Professional (CTP) Program provides an opportunity for participants to gain deeper insight into Citrix strategies and technologies, including advance knowledge of planned projects. Awardees engage with Citrix leaders to help shape the future of cloud computing technologies that enable mobile workstyles, providing valuable input on business needs and feedback on product strategy. Like the MVP is one of the oldest program. Application for 2017 is open, nominations will be accepted until Friday, Dec. 9, 2016.
Pernix Pro, started in November 2013, is the elite community of IT professionals committed to advancing Flash Hypervisor technology.
Unfortunately this program has offically been closed after the acquisition from Nutanix. Existin Pernix Pro can apply to the Nutanix Technology Champion (NTC) program.
- Veeam Vanguard represents Veeam brand (introduced on 2015) to the highest level in many of the different technology communities in which we engage. The selected individuals are chosen for their acumen, engagement and style in their activities on and offline.
Application for 2017 is now open.
- Atlantis Community Expert (ACE) is a new program (introduced on 2016) where Atlantis recognizes expert members of the virtualization community and their passion for technology and transformative approaches to data center designs.
There isn’t yet an official form, but to nomitate yourself you can use the info in this post.
Dell TechCenter Rockstarsseems that this program is death, considering that there isn’t neither the 2015. Now with the recent announce, will be interesting see what’s happen to this award and also to the EMC Elect one.
See also (to make a comparison): Community awards for 2016.