For me will be a good way to meet again lots of friends again, visit some booths to learn more from sponsors, pass some time in the community area and try to see some sessions.
Location remain the same, so same hints on how moving inside the buildings (plan your time and your routes!) and how reach the fira area. Some little changes in public trasportation: there is a new underground line (L9) from the airport to the Fira centrer, but it’s useless for the hotel (at least for people with an hotel close to the downtown). For more information see this detailed metro map.
Note that actuallyis not confirmed that there will be a shuttle service across the metro stations and the fira area. For sure there isn’t to the hotel locations:
There are no shuttles between the hotels and the Fira Gran Via. To get to the venue you can take the metro to either Europa Fira station (17-minute walk) or Fira station (7-minute walk).
Also it’s not yet confirmed if there will be aBarcelona T10 ticket (10 rides) for all attendeds. In the past years there was one or more (last year only strictly one), but for this year I don’t know yet.
But it’s confirmed the shuttle service across the airport with the following hours:
One interesting news of this year is the VMplace with several exciting offerings representing the cutting edge of technology, including the IoT Pavilion.
But don’ts miss also the vBrownbag TechTalks and the Tech Field Day Extra.
For the party see those lists:
- VMworld Gatherings, Meetups & Parties
- VMworld EMEA 2016 – Parties, Gatherings, Events and more
- VMworld 2016 Barcelona – all parties, events and campfires
Basically most important are on Monday and Tuesday:
- Sunday 16 – #vRockStar Party
- Monday 17 – Cohesity roof party
- Monday 17 – Nutanix, Intel & Citrix Barcelona Nights
- Monday 17 – VMUG Member Party
- Tuesday 18 – vBreakfastBCN-2016
- Tuesday 18 – vExpert 2016
- Tuesday 18 – Veeam Party
- Wednesday 19 – VMworld official party
- Wednesday 19 – Softcat VMworld Cocktail Party
- Wednesday 19 – Zerto Sailing
If you still need some reason to attend at this event, see the official page.