This post is also available in: Italian
The new version will add the following key features:
- Support for VMware vSphere v6.5: the new version can back up, replicate, and recover VMware vSphere v6.5 VMs right out of the box, without any extra setup. Also it supports the new VMware vSphere v6.5 features, including new VM attributes, encrypted VMs, …
- Support for Hyper-V 2016 and 2012 (R2): it provides image-based, application-aware, and forever-incremental Hyper-V backup. It can also create and maintain identical copies of Hyper-V VMs on a target server. The copies (called VM replicas) remain in the powered off state and do not consume any resources, yet you can power them on at any moment for near-instant disaster recovery. Just as Hyper-V backups, the replicas are image-based, application-aware, and forever-incremental.
- Active Directory integration: you can now easily map Active Directory groups to NAKIVO Backup & Replication user roles, which will allow domain users to log in to NAKIVO Backup & Replication with their domain credentials. Really interesting for delagations, but also for central user management and single sign-on.
- Skip swap files and partitions: it automatically skips the swap file in VMware and Hyper-V VMs, which speeds up data transfer and saves storage space in a backup repository. Since the swap file can automatically grow up to 3X the size of RAM, this means that gigabytes of unnecessary data are not processed, transferred, or stored in the backup repository each time you back up a VM.
- Activity Management: improves backup manageability by introducing the Activities tab – a single place that displays activities occurring in the product, such as running jobs, file and object recovery sessions, repository maintenance, and so on.
To learn more and try the software use this link.