So also this event is gone.
This was my first year at this kind of event and I think that was really useful and interesting, especially for the good meetings that I’ve got during those two days. I will post more about them on the next weeks.
- Violin Memory, with Garry Veale (Managing Director, EMEA)
- Avere Systems, with Rebecca Thompson (VP Marketing) and Bernhard “Bernie” Behn (Principal Technical Marketing Engineer)
- Virtual Instruments, with Skip Bacon (CTO) and Chris James (EMEA Marketing Director)
- APTARE, with Nigel Houghton (regional director of sales EMEA)
- Spectra Logic, with Steve Mackey (VP International)
- Dot Hill, with Warren Reid (EMEA Marketing Director)
- Amplidata, with Tom Leyden (director of strategic alliances and marketing)
- Quantum, with Stéphane Estevez (Sr. Product Marketing Manager EMEA/APAC)
- VMware, with Rob Jenkins (Director Advisory Services, EMEA)
- Datacore, with Alexander Best (Director Technical Business Development)
There were several great people, both on the press part but also on the vendor one and the #storagebears was a good moment to meet most of them.
Also I’ve got a session and I hope that has gone well. Anyway was a good experience and opportunity.
There were also a lot of people, final report says 1,647 unique visitors (1,355 on the first day) with more than 1,200 quality delegates (users, press, channel). Good numbers, not comparable with others numbers (like for VMworld), but I think that could be better have small events with more vendors. Number of registration where 2,586 (that was a record).
There are also some pictures of the event at this link.
Next year will be still at Frankfurt,on 29 and 30 October 2013. There will be also a mega party to celebrate 10 years for
#A3Communications! I hope to be there!