This post is also available in: Italian
How the new cloud era can/may change the role of the IT admin? Find out by joining a live twitter chat #CloudOpsChat on “The Changing Role of the IT Admin” on Thursday, April 25th at 11am PT. The event will be co-hosted by:
- Nigel Kersten (@NigelKersten), CTO at Puppet Labs
- Andrea Mauro (@Andrea_Mauro), Co-Founder of VMUG IT
We’ll answer questions like:
- Is increasing automation and virtualization good or bad for your career?
- Does abstraction and better tools decrease the need for deep expertise?
- Does a cloud admin need programming skills?
- Do you think a cloud admin is a generalist with a little expertise about compute, storage, and networking?
- Or is a cloud admin an expert in cloud architectures?
- What are your thoughts on scripting vs. automation and orchestration?
- Follow the #CloudOpsChat hashtag (via TweetChat, TweetGrid, TweetDeck, or another Twitter client) and watch the real-time stream.
- On Thursday, April 25th at 11am, @VMwareCloudOps will pose a few questions using the #CloudOpsChat hashtag to get the conversation rolling.
- Tag your tweets with the #CloudOpsChat hashtag. @reply other participants and react to their questions, comments, thoughts via #CloudOpsChat. Engage with each other!
- #CloudOpsChat should last about an hour.