This post is also available in: Italian
In the fabric section of System Center VMM 2012 is also possible add external hardware network load balancers and manage, in a similar way as a storage array can be added and managed. But in this case there isn’t a standard interface to remote manage the devices and each vendor must make available a supported “provider” that is just the management software part for the integration with VMM.
Actually the supported devices are:
- BIG-IP from F5 Networks, Inc.
- Brocade ServerIron ADX from Brocade Communications Systems, Inc.
- Citrix NetScaler from Citrix Systems, Inc.
Note that Microsoft Network Load Balancing (NLB) is automatically included as a load balancer in VMM.
Virtual appliance solutions (like Kemp) are not (yet) supported, but could be interesting to have also this kind of integration (in a similar way of some VMware vShield products).
For more information see also:
- How to Add Hardware Load Balancers
- How to Create VIP Templates for Hardware Load Balancers
- Load Balancing and Cloud Computing (SCVMM 2012)