This post is also available in: Italian
The VCAP5-CID certification is the design part of the VMware cloud path. The format is also the same of the other two design exams (VCAP-DTD and VCAP-DCD) with serveral questions (also with multiple choiches), drag-and-drop items and specialized design items. And it’s very long with a lot of time, but also a lot of questions!
It’s also mandatory, as the VCAP5-CIA exam, for the VCDX-Cloud path.
VUE Exam code is VCID510 (other code were used for beta), and (as other VCAP exams) it require an authorization (and also it’s listed in the VMware Advanced exams).
In order to gain this exam you need an experience in design (but also implement) vSphere and vCloud infrastructures. Most questions are version agnostic, but a good knowledge of the vCloud Suite 5.1 is mandatory. I also suggest to take it after the CIA exam because some questions are not stricly design oriented, but also admin oriented.
There is a suggested course (VMware vCloud: Design Best Practices), but it’s also possible study with free resources, where the online courses (also on the partner site) and the VMware vCloud Architecture Toolkit (vCAT) are probably the best where start from.
- VCAP5-CID Blueprint (actually at version 2.6)
- vCloud Architecture Toolkit 3.1
- VMware vCloud Director and VMware vCloud Networking and Security online courses
- VCAP5-CIA and CID | TheSaffaGeek
- TraninSignal VCAP-CID exam: Know what to expect and how to prepare
- vBrownbag podcasts
Blueprint with study notes
A list of all the VCAP5-CID videos are listed below
- Objective 1-vCloud Conceptual Design
- Objective 2-vCloud Logical Design
- Objective 3-vCloud Physical Design (Philip Monk)
- Objective 4-vCloud Security (Philip Monk)
- Objective 5-Hybrid/Multi-Site vCloud
- Objective 6-Availability
- Objective 7-Metering and Compliance (Lawrence Kohan)
- Objective 8-vApp Design (Kenny Garreau)